Instagram Shopping has arrived in Australia
The meaning of #shoptillyoudrop has been digitally revolutionised, thanks to the launch of Instagram’s new ‘Shopping’ feature in Australia. Move over Paywave, there’s a new tap system in town.
Built specifically for eCommerce brands, the new shop feature is focused on creating more time and space for consumers to discover and explore products on Instagram. Businesses will now be able to combine a transactional approach with more engaging and immersive content, ultimately creating a seamless mobile shopping experience for their customers. The opportunities within this new software addition will see brands tagging their products, adding inventories and catalogues and gaining insight into product and audience metrics.
The ‘Shopping’ feature has already seen amazing results for brands in the US, with SpearmintLOVE experiencing a 25% increase in traffic and an 8% increase in revenue attributable to shopping on Instagram. Collectively, the ‘Shopping’ feature has reported a +1,416% traffic and +20% revenue increase for brands.
In order to set up the Instagram ‘Shopping’ feature, brands will need to set up a product-catalogue in Facebook’s business manager which will then allow them to tag products in their Instagram posts.
Here are 5 quick tips for setting up the ‘Shopping’ feature on Instagram:
1. Create at least nine shopping posts on your Instagram business profile to activate the Shop tab for your
2. Tag multiple products to help your audience explore and browse.
3. Use Instagram Stories to show your audience that they can now shop your posts.
4. Leverage different shopping formats – tag a single image or a carousel.
5. Make sure that each tag touches the correct product so shoppers know which product the tag refers to.
Want to harness the power of social media advertising and visual storytelling? Then book in for a FREE strategy call TODAY!